September 05, 2013

The sample of Sphagnum sp.

Hi!
I've just started a little project today and decided to start this blog to share my experiences with you. The project is: growing sphagnum moss! Why do I want to do that? Well, there's no special purpose, but I've got a small sample recently, and since it is such an interesting, rare and more or less endangered plant (depending on the species), I thought sphagnum farming would be an interesting project. Especially those of you who cultivate carnivorous plants or orchids may need sphagnum moss occasionally, and hopefully my experiences can be helpful to anybody with similar intentions.


This is the sample of a yet unidentified species of Sphagnum, which will be the starting material of my sphagnum farm. And that's all for now, more to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment